Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hooray!

A quick post before I go back to work on my homework. The horrific flooding around England hasn't caused me too much grief, yet. I was caught in London during some serious flash-flooding, and I'll try to get the videos of that up as soon as I can.

Harry Potter. Amazing on so many levels.
Went to London for the HUGE line party, where people had been sleeping out on the cement at the doors of Waterstones for days, from all around the world. It was pretty much a block party in the center of London with thousands of people dressed up and singing and chanting and holding up hilarious signs.

Finished the book almost exactly 24 hours after I got it into my hands.
It was well written, entertaining, and brought nearly complete closure. I still have some questions, but it was good! Worst part was the epilogue, hands down. I was expecting so much more.

Anyway, just writing to say that I'm alive. Once I plow through the homework I have piled up again, I'll write more.

1 comment:

Maurini said...

Glad to hear you're okay. My mind ran on you when I saw the news. Went to a Potter party and then picked up the book at midnight - we were going to wait for the library copy, but got spooked with all the spoiler leaks.... didn't want to "accidentally" hear something. I'm about halfway through - trying to stretch it out. Blockos are always fun!