Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Shower Epiphany

So in about a year (or less!), I'll be moving out of the student apartments and into a great little apartment complex in Rochester Hills. My friend found it and already toured it and everything.

It's odd. I don't really have many friends who are girls. In fact, right now I live with two guys. That took a bit of getting used to for my boyfriend. Anyway. The girl I might move in with is really nice, and we're really compatible.

Moving off campus would be a nice change, since there isn't any actual college life here. Plus, there's nothing to do for free and in walking distance, save for... well, walking around. Rather pitiful. If I'm not in class or at work (on campus, of course), then I'm sitting in my room being lazy and watching TV or wasting time online. I'm tired of it.

Rochester would be a great change. It's only 4 miles from campus (easy commute), and the area is fantastic. The public library is next door, as is the big park. About a block away is Starbucks and beyond that is the "main drag" of Main St, complete with bars, a bakery, boutiques, and other lovely things. I <3 it.

Back to the epiphany. I've been hankering after a dog for a while now. However, the apartment I live in is not pet-friendly. The apt. complex I'd move to with Marlene takes both cats and dogs! Plus, Marlene wants to get a teacup yorkie. What's better than getting a dog? Why, getting a roommate with a dog! All the playtime I want, next to no responsibilities, and no long-term commitment!

The more I think about it, the more it's shaping up in my mind. This move could be exactly what I need. Right now, I'm riding on the edge of a rut and about to be sucked in. If I can survive another semester or two as an on-campus resident then the move to R-Hills would be excellent.

Enough babbling. Back to Shakespeare. It's exam time.

No comments: